Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Potatoes?

I realize I haven't updated in a long time, which is odd considering that this week I had more free time than last. But this week I chose to use my free time for napping!
This week I was on kitchen duty, hence the title. No, John, I did not spend all my time peeling potatoes--they come already peeled! I did spend an entire morning dicing a two gallon bowl of potatoes! They made great potato leek soup. Working in the kitchen was nice because I was off after dinner, giving me some free time. While in the kitchen I was also able to space out sometimes while doing some mindless chopping or washing. Every now and then you need a little mindless activity to keep you sane. The kids this week were also a little challenging, I think. It's hard to stay mad for too long, though, when you think about where they come from and the trials they'd be dealing with if they weren't here for the week.
And now for some photo updates....

Thursdays (the end of our programme week) are when all the volunteers head over to the Central pub in Ballycastle and enjoy some adult beverages together and sing some karaoke. Here a "friend" and I make a toast to Ireland (names withheld to protect the guilty ;)).

A group of international volunteers singing along to some karaoke. Fun times. Marian sang her first karaoke song that evening. History was made with "Like a Prayer"!

More singing. I can't name them all, but all in the picture are pretty much volunteers at Corrymeela. We were just engaging in some healthy community building. Good (and safe) times were had by all. TTFN!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home